Buildings & Locations
Chapel Bell Tower
Address109 1/2 Herty Field Athens, GA 30601
A bell tower originally crowned the roof of the chapel, but in 1913, it was found to be rotten and removed. The bell, which rang for religious services, for the beginning and ending of classes, and in emergencies, was then housed in the wooden tower where it now stands. Nowadays, the bell is rung to mark athletic victories, special occasions, and oftentimes, just for fun.