Buildings & Locations
AddressLumpkin House Athens, GA 30602
In the early 1900s, UGA was still situated on what is today known as North Campus. In 1907 the descendants of Gov. Lumpkin donated to UGA for the purposes of expansion a sizable portion of land south of ravine in which Sanford Stadium now sits. Among the conditions of that donation was the provision that the Lumpkin House remain intact at its current location in perpetuity. Any attempt to remove or demolish the house will result in a large section of today’s South Campus being returned to the heirs of the Lumpkin family.