Buildings & Locations
Address108 Herty Dr. Athens, GA 30602-6116
Built from 1874 to 1876, Moore College was named for Dr. Richard D. Moore, who was instrumental in persuading the City of Athens to give the funds for its construction. The Connor Act of 1903 created the State College of Agriculture and Mechanical Arts, which occupied the structure until its new facility was constructed in 1909. Moore College was subsequently used by the engineering, physics, and astronomy departments until 1959. It was remodeled and rededicated in 2001 as the new home of the Honors Program.