Address220 Cedar St. Athens, GA 30602
From 1937 to 1967, Ellis Dixon was Head of the Physics department. He campaigned for a physics unit of a proposed Science Center, a dream realized with the construction of the Physics Building in 1959. It is part of the Science Center, located on forty acres of wooded hillside on South Campus, overlooking Sanford Stadium. A recently constructed three-story addition is the new home for UGA's Center for Simulational Physics, which hosts a prestigious international conference in the building every winter.