Address240 S. Jackson Street Athens, GA 30602
Completed in 1821, located on North Campus near Jackson St., Waddel Hall is older than any other UGA building except Old College. Described by UGA history professor Nash Boney as a building "built in the federal style, austere and unpretentious," Waddel Hall is one of the most historic buildings on campus. Over the years it has been used for many purposes. In 1918 it was known as the Road Laboratory Building, and was being used as a student dormitory, and housed the Dean Rusk Center for International and Comparative Law. Waddel Hall now houses the Office of Special Events.