Focus on Faculty
- Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
- Arts and Sciences
- Environment and Design
- Faculty of Engineering
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Forestry and Natural Resources
- Graduate School
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Public and International Affairs
- Public Health
- Social Work
- Veterinary Medicine
The Plant Genome Mapping Laboratory that Regents Professor Andrew Paterson directs addresses dimensions of plant biology relevant toward a more bio-based economy, balancing increased food security with expanded bioenergy supplies while mitigating the challenges of a looming worldwide water crisis.
Merryl Alber, professor of marine sciences and director of the UGA Marine Institute on Sapelo Island, focuses her teaching, research and service on coastal ecosystems and how they might change in the future.