- UGA Skidaway Institute scientists to study role of sunlight on marine CO2 production
- Ecologists create a framework for predicting new infectious diseases
- Study: Player-on-player hits cause more serious head impacts
- Depression’s stigma can be a barrier to African-Americans seeking treatment, study finds
- UGA ranked among top 100 universities worldwide for U.S. patents
- Ecologists identify potential new sources of Ebola and other filoviruses
UGA’S AMAZING STUDENT
Diego Barcellos came to UGA on a special Brazilian scholarship as an undergraduate, returned for his master’s degree and is now working on his Ph.D. Along the way, he has built an impressive record of scholarship.
FOCUS ON FACULTY
Harold Briggs, director of research and professor in the School of Social Work, advances the rigor of the profession by facilitating funded research while also teaching students to effectively use science in problem solving to foster well-being and positive social change.