School of Social Work Building
Address279 Williams St. Athens, GA 30602
The School of Social Work Building, at 279 Williams Street in Athens, is one block from the main UGA Campus. Originally constructed in 1857 as the Athens Cotton and Wool Factory, the 37,000-square-foot building has been renovated to include small-group classrooms, lecture halls, a student lounge, and faculty office space. Extensive landscaping has created a terraced green space with shade trees at the entrance of the building, and a deck at the rear of the building overlooks the North Oconee River.